Learn how to draw a lizard which is among the most famous reptiles found everywhere in the world except for Antarctica. This article is helpful for every kid and beginners who are interested in learning this.
Drawing lizard is an easy task, once you start drawing and understanding the basics it becomes easier for you to follow the practice. The given Lizard drawing tutorial is very easy you only have to follow every step one by one.
Keep on working and practicing as this is only the way to be perfect. This tutorial requires paper, pencil, an eraser, or a few colors if you further want to color your drawing.
How to draw a Lizard:
Step 1: By analyzing the height and width of the lizard draw 2 ovals attached to each other. Mark a line in the right side of the oval as a center of the head.
Step 2: Draw 2 curved lines in between the drawn ovals and a neck is formed. Then further extend a curved line from the top of the second oval turning inward as going upward. Then draw a curve line from below the oval and connect it with the pointed end of the first curve.
Step 3: Define the places for the lizard’s leg and draw 4 lines for legs.
Step 4: Draw legs around the outline drawn using a curved line, back legs are folded in an outward direction and front legs in forwarding direction.
Step 5: Draw the pointed mouth and 5 pairs at the front of each leg.
Step 6: Add claws in between the fingers and draw eyes for the reptile.
Step 7: Work on the other parts of the animal, add a nose, and some more details.
Step 8: Try to vary the thickness and darkness of the lizard, contour the whole drawing. Add a few dots and lines to the body.
Step 9: Add notes all over the ground and erase the guidelines after contouring.
How to draw a lizard for kids:
To draw a lizard for kids start with a round and oval below it.
- Join both the oval and circle from the upper and below part and draw the neck.
- Extend the neckline from the back of the circle and return it back towards the head. Join this curve with a line coming from the lower part of the neck.
- Draw a long curved line which is further joined by another curved line at back and form tail for lizard.
- Erase all the extra lines you can see in the below image and get the clear outline for the lizard.
- Draw front leg with a folded curved line and then bifurcated into 3 limbs.
- Draw the second front leg in the same pattern from the joint of first one.
- Now it’s time to draw back legs, again use the folded curved leg, which is embedded inside in the middle.
- Once you are done with legs erase overlapped lines.
- Draw very small curves and dots, also popping back the last leg in this step.
- Color it with skin color and use black color for the outline.
How to draw step by step lizard:
While learning lizard drawing we must know a few facts:
- Lizard’s eyelid is movable.
- Lizards almost found everywhere in the world
- Lizards keep themselves away from water.
- They require sunshine for life.
- Their size varies from some inches to feet.
- Their tail is very delicate and can be regrown if damaged.
- Winter Snowmen Coloring Sheet for Kids [Free Printable] - January 28, 2023
- January Winter Coloring Sheet for Kids [Free Printable] - January 14, 2023
- Holiday Elf Coloring Sheet for Kids [Free Printable] - January 14, 2023
Leave a Reply