Hey, my learners today we are here with how to draw a sparrow. They are a very small, cute, bubbly bird which is a common sight the world over. These birds are very comfortable with humans and found in deserts to forests everywhere. They use to eat seeds, small insects and are very vocal. Their chirping attracts and very soothing.
If you are looking forward to draw your very own cartoon or realistic sparrow. You can follow the below-given tutorial to show you how to draw. Sparrows have also been mentioned in Shakespeare’s Hamlet so just grab your art supplies. As always you need paper, a pencil, an eraser to begin drawing.
How to draw a sparrow for kids:
Step 1: To draw a sparrow firstly go for the outline of the body. Use long, curved lines and draw the head along with the body. The shape should be small and bulky.
Step 2: In this step draw wings, erase a small portion from the tail side. Draw a “U” shaped curved line for the feather going toward the tail. Draw 2 curves at the end of wings.
Step 3: Sketch out 2 circles inside one another and form eyes.
Step 4: In the front of the eyes draw 2 triangular shapes facing each other and draw a beak. Erase the overlapped part from here.
Step 5: This step is to draw the tail, start with a straight line going opposite to the body and converting into w and then back to the body.
Step 6: Body is ready by now, draw legs. Draw a line and bifurcated it into 3 and forming toes with the triangle at the end of each toe to indicate the claws.
Step 7: Draw the rear-facing toe again with the claw at the tip of the toe use curved lines.
Step 8: Draw another leg using the same technique and curved lines with the claws in the front.
Step 9: Draw the 4th toe in the back, finish it also with claws.
Step 10: Color your bird with brown and streaks of black, reddish-brown, and cream. Follow the given example for reference.
Step by step easy sparrow drawing:
- You can draw a sparrow using 2 overlapping a circle and an oval.
- The body of this bird is little bulky and small thus draw big rounded oval.
- Then draw its small beak which is also again very small.
- to draw a beak draw a triangular shape with the same baseline, the whole shape should be overlapped with the head.
- Outline a long sleek shape enclosed with 2 curved lines on side of the body to draw wings.
- From below the wings extend the line and draw the tail with 2 jagged ends.
- Draw straight lines in the wings and tails and the feather is ready.
- Add some small feathers randomly here and there.
- Add details to the eye and head.
How to draw a sparrow:
Step 1: Mark the height, width and draw the outline accordingly for further drawing.
Step 2: Draw the neck’s guidelines with the tail and body.
Step 3: Draw legs using 2 lines, curved wings, and the curved beak.
Step 4: Shape the legs from below the already drawn line, finish up with the tail, and beak with other curved lines.
Step 5: Draw eyes, curved wings, and also form toes.
Step 6: Finish drawing with other details as feathers on wings and tail, draw claws, and some other details on the head.
Step 7: Once the outline is completed contour your drawing with feathers all over, lines on the legs. It will vary the thickness and darkness of the drawing.
Step 8: Erase all the guidelines and get your sparrow.
- Mastering the Art of Expression: A Beginner’s Guide on How to Draw - November 24, 2023
- How to Draw Braid Step by Step – for Kids & Beginner - July 7, 2023
- How To Draw Bubbles Step By Step – For Kids & Beginners - July 6, 2023