This article is about how to draw an octopus for kids and beginners in easy and simple steps. Octopus is an aquatic animal and a mollusk, ie, it doesn’t have bones only muscles. This is a smart animal that can fit into any small space by stretching itself long and skinny.
- How To Draw A Flame
- How To Draw A Rainbow
- How To Draw A House
- How To Draw A Mouse
- How To Draw A Bee
- How To Draw A Monkey
- How To Draw Eyebrows
- How To Draw A Christmas Tree
- How To Draw A Stairs
- How To Draw A Sunflower
- How To Draw A Dragon
- How To Draw A Cat
- How To Draw A Ear
- How To Draw A Female Hair
- How To Draw A Muscle
- How To Draw A Giraffe
- How To Draw A Mouth
- How To Draw A Chicken
- How To Draw A Shark
- How To Draw A Mickey Mouse
- How To Draw A Mountain
It is a very interesting animal with brilliancy, I hope you all would love to draw this animal. Then why not begin, just grab your paper and pencil to start with. Follow the given tutorial step by step and render this beautiful animal for yourself.
As octopus can change its colors also according to the environment or the mood, so you can fill it with your choice of color.
How to draw an Octopus:
Step 1: To begin your octopus we will start with the mantle of the octopus, draw a pointed oval as depicted below with a curve below the upper line.
Step 2: Draw guidelines for the tentacles in different directions, also mark 2 lines for the further guidelines to draw eyes.
Step 3: Draw guideline for the tentacles, begin each one from the mantle in the outward direction ending with the spiral.
Step 4: Double the line of tentacle in the manner they are thick at starting and thin at the end. Draw 2 eyes at the mark drawn in step 2.
Step 5: Draw a more line to draw suction cups of the tentacles, add more details to the eye.
Step 6: Draw a very small flat oval in the area draw for the suction over tentacles also add another small circle inside the eyes.
Step 7: Add suction cups to other tentacles in the place we have defined.
Step 8: Vary the thickness of the drawing by shading where ever required, add small dots in the background as it is an aquatic animal.
Step 9: Erase all overlapped lines, guidelines drawn for your ease and octopus is ready.
How to draw a cartoon octopus:
- Create a base so that you can start easily, for doing this you need to focus on what type of shape basically you needs, and the parameters of it.
- Draw a big oval which will be head for the octopus later and a small circle at its base from where legs will generate.
- Draw 2 intersecting lines to mark center of head. Then nicely draw 8 curved lines as outline for legs, coming out from the small cirlce.
- At one side of the intersection draw a big circle to draw first eye of animal.
- Draw a semi-circle on the outer wall of the head for the second eye. Add a dark spot in the center of the eyes for the pupil.
- Once you are done with eyes draw the big bulky head for it.
- Draw a small curve over the second eye joining a big bulky half curve going downward to the first eye.
- Draw a curve above the second eye.
- Draw 2 long curved line meeting at same point to draw the very first leg of it.
- Draw small curve joining through the frill to the upper part of leg.
- Keep on drawing the other legs too, just keep their folds in different directions.
- Draw all the legs in the same pattern, the length of the back legs is smaller than the front ones.
- Also don’t forget to draw frills in between.
- Draw a very thin line at the lower line of every leg.
- Draw very small tiny curves in between these 2 lines and form suction of the animal.
- Your drawing is complete, fill it with the colors, use orange, white, and black.
Step by step Octopus drawing for kids:
- How to Draw Braid Step by Step – for Kids & Beginner - July 7, 2023
- How To Draw Bubbles Step By Step – For Kids & Beginners - July 6, 2023
- 📕 How to Draw a Book Step by Step [Open & Close] 📚 - July 5, 2023